Simple Steps On How To Create Good Quality Web Design
If yours is a startup, online business, you may not be able to afford the expense of hiring a web designer. If you are considering building your first website, you can save money by doing it yourself. However don't cut any corners. Follow the tips presented here to design a professional website.
Keep the size of your web pages small. A lot of modern web pages are full of unnecessary elements, including huge images, Flash advertising, and lots of AJAX. Many people, especially those in rural areas and other countries with less-developed internet infrastructure, don't have high-speed Internet and will have to wait forever for a large page to load.
Don't try to fit too much onto one page when you're designing a website. If your page is too busy it will take a lot longer to load and can overwhelm visitors. When you're going to be putting up a lot of content, create pages for everything you can to reduce the clutter on your page.
Use images wisely. Bitmap images do not tend to fare well for internet use, and some GIFs do not work well with lots of color. Image size is important as well, as larger images may make your viewers have to wait for them to download. Choose smaller images, and use them sparingly to make your site more manageable.
If you believe your site may be accessed via mobile devices, you will want to keep your designs simple. The use of flash, excessive images, and complicated menus will not translate well to a mobile platform. Keep your page clean and simple, or create a specific mobile site for your users.
Use some pictures on your site to make your site attractive. Your own pictures will make your website more friendly and inviting. Pictures also help to keep your visitors interested and keeps them at your site longer.
Try making navigation as clear and easy as possible. Your placement of navigation links on your pages will determine the length of your visitor's stay. Your users must find the navigation of the website simple and consistent.
Test early and frequently. You need to use your website as a reader would in usability tests early in the design process. As your website grows test it.
Using a host's design tools to build your website is a good idea for the basic layout, but you don't want to rely on the design tools completely. You need to incorporate your personality into the website, and that can be done by adjusting some stuff and adding others that the host design tools don't offer.
When you do progress through your stages of web design and have a site that is up and running you want to make sure that it isn't cluttered with ads. People don't mind ads but they hate it when there are a lot that make it difficult to navigate through your site, and you don't want people mad.
Graphics and various media are great for your site and help keep the attention of the viewers, but don't load every page from top-to-bottom. Pages that are extremely heavy with media will consume bandwidth on yours and the viewer's network, which often leaves both parties suffering. Include graphics when they are relevant and do your best to minimize bandwidth consumption.
Although having captchas are excellent for registering visitors, they should otherwise not be used. Some captchas require the user to jump through hoops just to access content. All but a site's biggest fans will leave if they have to fill out too many CAPTCHAs.
If you're having any doubts about your ability to create a great site, you can always scale back the vision https://www.pricelessconsultingllc.com/. A site doesn't need a forum and a chat room and a videos page and a miscellaneous section. You can make do just fine with only a few options. It's great to dream big, but you need to be a realist.
Make sure everyone can access your site. You should locate someone in another country to see your site to check for errors. This is definitely something you want to do.
Always use descriptive titles for your pages. Just for fun, look-up the search term "untitled document" on the web. As you will see, page titling is a step that all too may web designers neglect! It is crucial that your site has a title. It functions as a significant element in search engine algorithms.
Make sure your web design is user friendly to all levels of computer expertise. Sometimes the most professional looking and expensive sites can overwhelm a visitor and they will quickly switch to another site. Have a person you know who is not so well versed on a computer try to navigate your site. If they can find their way around, you know your site is user friendly!
Add a site map to your web design. Site maps serve an important role when it comes to search engine optimization. The search engine spiders use them to crawl efficiently over your site to help rank your pages better. They also serve an operational purpose for you as a designer. A site map is essential to keeping track of your website architecture, so you can add pages to it more effectively.
If your website is going to target a localized population, consider getting a top level domain featuring that country's code. That can mean your website is the dominant domain name for a specific region. A great tool to direct local people to your website when they wouldn't have found it is a ccTLD.
Go right ahead and take some time to brainstorm different ideas that you have and let them sit for a couple of days. Then come back and see if you like these ideas later on and if you want to discuss them with other people so that you have an idea of whether or not your ideas are in the right direction or not.
There is a bit of experience needed to go from building a basic website to a more complex website design. Do not be discouraged if you see mistakes in the beginning. However, when you keep and practice what you read in this article, then you will eventually find success.
How To Make Your YouTube Channel A Success
Since its launch and subsequent buyout from Google, YouTube has rapidly become the number one video sharing site on the Internet and also the second biggest search engine. Many businesses and producers are now catching onto the fact that by not having a YouTube channel, they are missing out on potential exposure to millions of people and the possible sales or enquiries that could generate.
Although many consider YouTube being a great place to upload videos of cats chasing dogs or kids opening their Christmas presents, you should never overlook the fact that this video sharing website offers you as a business potential exposure to hundreds of millions of people. Add to this that videos are now part of the natural search results in Google and you can immediately see why you simply need to have a YouTube channel for your business.
Below, we look at our top tips to making your YouTube channel a success.
Quality, Not Quantity - With millions of videos on YouTube, you have to make sure your channel stands out above the rest and you can achieve this by releasing really good quality videos and not just flooding the channel with short clips that do not mean anything. YouTube viewers love "how to" videos and general advice videos https://www.subpals.com, so even if you are promoting your products or services, try to do this in such a way that viewers think they are learning something.
Video Standards - Videos need to be watchable, have decent audio, look like they have been filmed to a decent standard and last the maximum of three minutes if you are trying to promote a product or service. If you release a video that looks awful, this will only reflect on the product or service that you are promoting, so make sure that you spend some time and if necessary money on making videos that you will be proud of.
Find Friends - YouTube allows your channel or account to make friends with others, which in the same respect as Twitter allows you to build up a fan base that will be notified every time you add a video. It is important to remember that because friends are public on everyone's channel, you might then start picking up extra viewers from the friends of your friends that have seen your channel listed on other people's accounts.
Subscribe To Others - If you subscribe to other YouTube channels that are roughly in the same niche as yours, the chances are they might subscribe back. This means that when ever you release a video, subscribers will get notified and if they then favourite your video, all of their friends and subscribers could possibly see your video as well. Again, a little bit like Twitter, you have to make the effort to encourage other people to find out about you, but once you get going it will seem much easier as starting a channel is always the hardest part.
Promote Your Channel - Make sure that you let people know you have a YouTube channel by placing the logo on your website, emails and other forms of online marketing that you might do. To make your YouTube channel really work, you have to tell all of your customers so that they then tell other people about your channel. You need quite a few subscribers and friends to really make the channel work efficiently, so spend some time telling the world about your fantastic new channel.
Ian Spencer works for Clear Web Services, a SEO Web Optimisation and Web Design company serving the Forest Of Dean, Gloucestershire and South Wales.
He has worked in the SEO and Internet Marketing world for many years, and working in partnership with another company has launched the new SEO business.
Here are 3 ways to learn how to get YouTube views for your videos.
1. Subscribe to EVERYONE! If you really want to get your video out there, then start subscribing to as many people as possible. The new trend on YouTube is that by subscribing, you will many times get a subscription back. Many people will "sub back" to you when you subscribe to their channel. So a lot of new people whom you would otherwise not find will become new subscribers to your channel, and all it took on your part was simply seeking out like minded folks and hitting the subscribe button.
2. Send out FRIEND requests. This is another instant and easy way for how to get YouTube views for your videos. Again, you are putting your channel out there, giving it exposure. Once it get's out there and the more friends you build up, the more exposure your video will receive. Through friends also comes subscribers as well. By increasing both your friend count and subscriber count, your video will end up ranking higher in searches than it would without them.
3. Use SERVICES or Software. You can also use various services or software to get YouTube views for your videos. These will vary. Some will have an automatic friend gathering software which will allow you to send out friend requests more efficiently and quickly. Others will provide you with video views from real people. You could get a thousand video views over the course of a week or so and your video will automatically rise higher in the ranks and become more popular. But there are other services that use automated "bot" tools to basically spam your video with views. STAY AWAY from these services as YouTube does not like them and you could get your account suspended.
If you are into marketing yourself online and getting yourself noticed on the Internet, then you may be trying out different methods to do so now. You might be blogging, taking nice pictures and placing them on a photo-sharing site, spreading the word on your website through forums and mailing lists, and, in general, networking. However, did you know that you can also use the popular video site YouTube in order to do some marketing online?
If you are working to market products and services, or if you are, in general, needing to get the word out on your business, then YouTube might be the place for you. You can use it to do one of two main things:
1. You can use YouTube to host your videos, and then you can paste or embed these videos onto your website. For instance, if you are running a business that makes school supplies such as colorful notepads, a few pictures and some text might be boring. You can spruce your website up through a video, and you can use YouTube to store it instead of using your web space.
2. You can also post directly to YouTube and maintain a marketing stance on your YouTube profile. This way, you can keep in touch with other YouTube users, get subscribers to subscribe to your channel, and even subscribe to other users so that you get the word out on your own profile. This gives you the advantage of presence: you can build your presence on YouTube and still get the word out on your product, service, website, or business.
If you choose to post directly to YouTube, you can also have two main ways of marketing yourself. Here are those methods, along with some suggestions for you to keep in mind.
1. You can make an advertisement of your product, service, or business. Keep your advertisement well-made, short, and appealing, which would depend on the tastes of your target market. Of course, this can go wrong: you may sound like you are a hard-selling marketer, which can actually turn off potential clients. In this case, you may need to exercise as much prudence and persuasion as possible, and avoid turning YouTube into your personal TV shopping network.
2. You can make useful videos that your subscribers can consult, and then place your URL or advertise your business after the video is done. This can actually make them more interested to go to your website or even buy products and services from you, and simply because you are showing your subscribers or viewers how much you care about them. For instance, if you are in the business of website design, you might want to present tutorials on how to properly code websites, how to make good graphics, or how to use certain software. People will start caring about what you can offer them when they know that you can help them with something.
These are only a few tips that you may want to take into account as you go about setting up your YouTube account and starting your marketing stint. For more information, do research on the advantages and disadvantages of using YouTube as your marketing host, and look at other YouTube pages that have almost the same aims as yours. This way, you can be familiar with YouTube territory and not risk offending both video makers and video viewers. Moreover, you can get the word out faster on your product, service, or website, and get clients easily.
If you would like to find more information about how you can successfully grow your network marketing business using the internet, follow the "Internet MLM Success" link in the resource box.